[Orca-users] Orca for AIX

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Tue Apr 6 13:34:15 PDT 2004

Rajesh Verma wrote:

>Hi David,
>
>Network Statistics: As I remember I stopped using that due to some isuue, may be it was the same issue. So I am using MRTG for network statistic using snmp.

Ah.  Do you mind if I patch your script to collect the deltas?

>Disk wide transfer rate: It working fine for me.. hmmm but wait a min there are few server which are showing 150G transfer rate.. those are AIX 5.2 server .. I have to look into this.

Hmm, 5.x must've changed the output format for that command or
something.  I'd be interested to know what you come up with.

>For TSM : I run this script only on the TSM server, yes user/password can be put into configurable parameter.
>and for user/password as view , we have setup this for us, it shuld be changed as per your user/password.
>"query mount" should show the drive mounted. query cmd should work. you got to check.

At first I thought the machine I was testing on wasn't the TSM server,
but turns out it is, so I'm a little confused.  I'll get my local AIX
expert involved, and coordinate with him--there might be something
broken in TSM, even. ;)

--Dragon

--

	*David P. Michaels*
Senior Multi-Disciplined Engineer II W.H.

"I wonder what news is doing..."

 news at newshost <29> ps -fu news
 news 18624 12367 2 0:00 makehistory

"News is making history."