[Orca-users] orca 0.27 make error on Solaris 9

GKP Tharan mkorca at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 16:16:03 PDT 2004

Hi David,

Thank you for your reply.

This time the Orca snapshot-r380 fails to run make install.

Based on your advise,

I made sure that umask is 022 & tared with xpf option.

I downloaded the snapshot verion this time versus 0.27 (make failed) last

1.I downloaded the orca-snapshot-r380.bz2 again.

2. Ran configure & make no problem

3. Ran make test_modules (no error)

4. ran make install_modules (no error)

5. make install (installing orca) failed with the following error:

cd winallator && make CFLAGS=-g -O2 install
/export/home/tools/orca-snapshot-r380/config/mkinstalldirs /usr/local/bin
/export/home/tools/orca-snapshot-r380/config/mkinstalldirs /usr/local/lib
/export/home/tools/orca-snapshot-r380/config/mkinstalldirs /usr/local/etc
/export/home/tools/orca-snapshot-r380/config/mkinstalldirs
/usr/local/var/orca/winallator
/export/home/tools/orca-snapshot-r380/config/mkinstalldirs
/usr/local/var/orca/rrd/winallator
sh: syntax error at line 2: `;' unexpected
*** Error code 2
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install'
Current working directory
/export/home/tools/orca-snapshot-r380/data_gatherers/winallator
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install'
Current working directory /export/home/tools/orca-snapshot-r380/data_gatherers
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install'

Any pointers or help would be much helpful..

Thanks Again,
-Murali