[Orca-users] Orcallator: Running orca on each machine

Yves Dorfsman yves at zioup.com
Fri Feb 20 16:24:34 PST 2004

Hi,

Here is what I am trying to do:
I want each machine to run orca for its own data. Then I can remote copy
the html direcotry to a web server where I can look at the data.

But, for a specific subset of our machines, I want all of them to be
visible in the same way they are in the default orca setup (where orca
runs on only one machine). I have two questions here:

1) If I copy the raw data, the rrd files, and the html files, and then run
orca, assuming that the time on those three set of files is very close,
will orca try to do any processing, or will it be content that the rrd and
png files have already been created, and merely re-create the html pages ?

2) How can I force orca to re-create the index.html. I did a kill -HUP,
changed the find_times etc... but I don't understand the logic on when and
why orca decides to re-create the index.html

Thanks.

Yves.
----
                                         http://www.cuug.ab.ca/~dorfsmay