[Orca-users] Error in script data_gatherers/aix/orca-aix-stat.pl

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Tue Jul 6 20:15:10 PDT 2004

VIRY Frédéric USEI Est wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If command "uptime" displays :
>
> 04:16PM   up 179 days, 41 mins,  2 users,  load average: 1.07, 1.13, 1.15
>

> the script orca-aix-stat.pl gives incorrect values for $uptime and $nusr.
>
> Here are the corrected lines :

Hello Frédéric,

Thanks for sending this along.

Could you send a patch for the work you did?  It'll make it easier to get the
changes into the Orca distribution, as it automatically modifies our source
code.  This is also the standard way of sending modification to source code
packages.

The way to do that is:

1) Get a copy of the original, unmodified file (saved with a different name than
your file).
2) Run this command

diff -u ORIGINAL_FILENAME MODIFIED_FILENAME > orca-aix-stat.pl-patch.txt

and email that file to orca-users at orcaware.com.

Thanks,

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/