[Orca-users] Need Help!!!

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Tue Jul 13 21:43:19 PDT 2004

Lam, Tin-Lok (MLIM) wrote:

> I am new to Orca, I have compiled and installed Orca, rrdtool and SE.  However, I am not sure how to setup the orca configuration file in order to plot the graphic as you show on the examples, would
> you be kindly to send me some of your configuration files, setup and show me how to involve them.  At this point, all I know is that start_orcallator is running and collecting data in
> /opt/orca/var/orca/orcallator/<machine> directory but the data is not ascii.  Your help is greatly appreciated!!
>
> Tin-Lok

Tin-Lok,

The Orca orcallator.cfg configuration file generated after you run configure and
make is a good configuration file to base your Orca installation off of.

While file extension does the data in /opt/orca/var/orca/orcallator/<machine>
have?  If it's .gz, then it's gzip compressed and you can read them with zcat.
If it's .bz2, then it's bzip2 compressed and you can read them with bzcat.

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/