[Orca-users] Orca for Windows

Rajesh Verma Rajesh.Verma at PalmettoHealth.org
Thu Jun 24 09:02:58 PDT 2004

Hi Blair,

Sorry for not getting back early. I was on vacation to India.

Here are the files you asked ..

Do you have a sample window percol file that I can take a look at so I
can see
what the modifications to SourceFile.pm and orca do?

Do you have any instructions on how to set up Windows to log this
data?

Do you run these scripts on a Windows box or on a Unix box?

reference. Which can be copied to the
Windows Server and select that "orcallator.htm"

I hope this helps.

-Rajesh Verma

Rajesh Verma
Sr. Unix Administrator
Ph. 803 434 8580
Palmetto Health
7909 Parklane Road, Suite 400
Columbia, SC 29223
Rajesh.Verma at palmettohealth.org

Rajesh Verma wrote:

> Blair,
> I tries to send the tarball to orcaware but it does not allow big
file to transfer.

> I found this WINDOW ORCA from my good friend Aaron Geddins.
>
> Attached are the files.
>
> Create a separate directory structure.
>
> SourceFile.pm should be copied to  /opt/orcaNT/lib/Orca
>
> the fl_rename.pl file helps change the window percol files to the
orca percol file format.

> I hope this helps.

Hi Rajesh,

I'm working on checking this code into Orca's Subversion server.

Do you have any more information on these files that you can share?
Here are
some questions:

Do you have a sample window percol file that I can take a look at so I
can see
what the modifications to SourceFile.pm and orca do?

Do you have any instructions on how to set up Windows to log this
data?

Do you run these scripts on a Windows box or on a Unix box?

Looking at fl_rename.pl, it doesn't appear necessary.  The find_files
configuration parameter in orcallatorNT.cfg can be changed instead to
something
like this, assuming that the data files are named
percol-yyyy-mm-dd-hh.

find_files
/opt/orcaNT/var/orcallator/(.*)/percol_\d{10}(?:-\d{2,})?(?:\.(?:Z|gz|tsv|bz2))?

And finally, I use this handy perl script to rename files using a Perl
statement:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
#
# rename script examples from lwall:
#     rename 's/\.orig$//' *.orig
#     rename 'y/A-Z/a-z/ unless /^Make/' *
#     rename '$_ .= ".bad"' *.f
#     rename 'print "$_: "; s/foo/bar/ if <stdin> =~ /^y/i' *

use strict;

my $op = shift;
for (@ARGV) {
   unless (-e $_) {
     print STDERR "$0: $_ does not exist.\n";
     next;
   }

   my $was = $_;
   eval $op;
   die $@ if $@;
   next if $was eq $_;

   print "Renaming $was to $_\n";
   rename($was, $_)
     or warn "$0: cannot rename '$was' to '$_': $!\n";
}

So with a good Perl expression, you could replace fl_rename.pl with a
more
general script.

Thanks,

Plots of your system's performance - http://www.orcaware.com/orca/

PALMETTO HEALTH CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited by law.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately.