[Orca-users] How to plot procallator from RH Linux to Solaris server?

GKP Tharan mkorca at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 22:33:37 PST 2004

Warmest Greetings!

Orca version:  Orca 0.28 (orca-snapshot-r385)
RRDtool & Webserver is on Sun Solaris 9:
SETool Kit: 3.3.1 on Solaris

I have been trying to add a RedHat Linux client to run the procallator
locally & rsync
the data to the Solaris server. Then, plot the RRD data of this Linux
client on the solaris server:

Here is what I did:

1. Compile & install same Orca 0.28 on the RH Linux ES 3.0.
2. Started the procallator on Linux client
3. rsync the data: (from linux:
/usr/local/var/orca/procalltor/Linux-client to
Solaris:/usr/local/var/orca/orcalltor/linuxclient
4. Re-start orca on the Solaris server. (no modifications to orcallator.cfg)

The steps 1 through 4 went fine without any error. However,  when I
re-started orca
(step 4) It doesn't create the corresponding rrd dir. for this RH
client on the solaris server under  the dir
(/usr/local/var/orca/rrd/orcalltor/o_linuxclient)

Am doing the correct thing?

any pointers or help would be very much appreciated.

Regards,
Muralee