[Orca-users] Problems with orca-aix-stat.pl on AIX 5.1 ML7

daniel.engelsen at caremark.com daniel.engelsen at caremark.com
Thu Nov 18 11:46:20 PST 2004

We recently updated several of our servers ML7 of AIX 5.1, and we are now
having problems with the orca-aix-stat.pl script.  The netstat command
keeps going to the top of the process table in terms of amount of CPU
consumed.  It is taking up to 50% of the CPU.  We were not having these
problems with prior versions of maintenance on the servers.  So, I called
IBM and they are saying that it is a problem with the script.  I do not
work much with Perl.  So, I was hoping that someone else has run into this
problem and has already found a fix or work around.

Here is the version of the script that I am running.

(See attached file: orca-aix-stat.pl)

Thanks,
Dan