[Orca-users] Config Lock Directory

Ryan Munson rjmunson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 09:45:01 PST 2004

All,
I'm using Orca 0.27 to do some custom monitoring of Oracle.  I have
been using Orca without a problem for 8 months in the current
configuration.  I moved the entire process to a new system running
RHEL 3.0.  I re-installed orca ( v0.27 ), RRD, and the process worked
just as it had on the old host.  However, since the move, I'm having a
real problem with the lock directory not cleaning up after processing.
 I searched the archives here on orcaware.com and found the original
thread concerning this problem:
http://www.orcaware.com/pipermail/orca-users/2001-February/000770.html

I confirmed that the patch for the 0.26 version has been applied to
the 0.27 version.

I cannot correlate the behavior with any other activity on the host.
Does anyone have a suggestion or a fix?  Is there a signal that orca
may not be catching?  I have been making some of my own tweeks to the
code to see if I can solve the problem, but also wanted to check with
you all.  Anything you can suggest would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Ryan