[Orca-users] Too many open files

pol barthelemy pol.barthelemy at skynet.be
Fri Nov 26 11:35:41 PST 2004

Hello,
I saw in the past about this issue , but I see this problem now .
Orca runs on Solaris 9,  change the ulimit file descriptors to 800, but perl
allows only to open 256 files.
Is this problem fixed on new release of Orca , or someone has found a
workaround of that  ?
The version I used on Solaris 9 is the following  :
Orca version 0.28.0 (dev 394) using RRDs version 1.000491 at Fri Nov 26
04:01:01
 2004./export/home/sysperf/bin/orca: warning: cannot create Orca::HTMLFile
object: can
not open
'/extra/prod/www/html/orca/orcallator/o_usurap4p_gauge_qfe7InOvH_pct_pe
r_p,__qfe7OuOvH_pct_per_p.html.htm' for writing: Too many open files.Thanks