[Orca-users] Winallator - perfrmon issues

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Mon Jun 6 09:58:33 PDT 2005

This is only loosely orca based.  I've got winallator running just fine,
parsing Windows data files (though I had to modify winallator, even from
the r455 distro, to get it to read files with DOS-style EOLs [perfmon
output] and deal with empty fields and the like).  However, the problem
I'm running into is that perfmon on the Windows box does not start up
automatically after boot up.  I've tried setting the service to
"automatic", but after a while, it magically reverts to "manual".  Also,
I get an error when I start it manually (though it does start).  The
error says it could not create the directory to store the datafile in.
The directory already exists (has lots of data files from previous days
in it), and perfmon eventually starts logging there anyway.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?  The fact that it doesn't start
automatically after a reboot is the most annoying factor.

It's talking to a Samba 3.0.10 server, if you're curious.  Manually
creating files and directories there works without a problem.

Thanks,
--Dragon