[Orca-users] How do I process a 24H daily report with Orca ?

mwillemse at freesurf.ch mwillemse at freesurf.ch
Fri Jun 17 04:10:57 PDT 2005

I installed Orca on Linux/390 on an IBM-9762 Mainframe because I wanted
to graph the daily cpu usage, paging, io rates, ... used by z/OS.
Once a day a batch job creates a "readable" report with 5 minutes
intervals for the performance data of the previous day (288 intervals).
This report is then processed by a REXX procedure that converts date and
time to Unix Epoch Time and adds the columns title in the first line.
Next the file is transferred via ftp to the orca directory.
It works well by calling orca with the -o option after the ftp.

I tried to setup orca to work as deamon and it does not seem to notice
when a new file has to be processed. I used

late_interval 86400
reopen 1

in the group parameters.

Am I missing something or is it just not possible to have more than 24
hours between file updates using the -d option ?
----
sunrise ADSL: gratis und so sicher wie noch nie
http://www.sunrise.ch/home/proint/proint_ads-2.htm
----
sunrise ADSL: Gratuit et plus sûr que jamais!
http://www.sunrise.ch/fr/home/proint/proint_ads-2.htm
----
sunrise ADSL: Gratis e sicuro come non mai!
http://www.sunrise.ch/it/home/proint/proint_ads-2.htm
----