[Orca-users] Orca not updating

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Mon Jun 27 13:15:59 PDT 2005

Schmitz Dale M Ctr 20 IS/INPG wrote:

> What's the most common reason for Orca being stuck at a particular
> date?  Orcallator runs once an hour like it always has, but as of
> April 11^th , it stopped updating the web pages.

Hmm, well, Orcallator collects data, Orca processes it and makes web
pages.  So, even if orcallator is running, you won't get new web pages
if orca itself is not running somewhere.

It's also possible it's updating a different web space, due to a change
to orcallator.cfg.

Could be due to permissions problems, data formatting issues, etc.  I'd
run orca with a -v or two.  Or look at the output of the orca process
(mine is stored in <orcadir>/<hostname>.log, but I did that by tweaking
the orca startup script -- yours may be in 'nohup.out' or something?).

--Dragon