[Orca-users] Automatically rejecting emails from non list members

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Fri Mar 18 08:56:35 PST 2005

Hello folks,

Up to this point, emails sent to this mailing list from email addresses
that were not subscribed to this list were held for approval or
rejection by me for the rare times that somebody on the list would send
an email from an email address that is not on the list (as some
people have multiple email addresses), or somebody not on the list would
send an email.

Given the amount of spam my Mailman mailing lists get (and I currently
manage seven public mailing lists) I no longer have the time nor desire
to perform this service for the relatively rare message that should be
accepted for the list.

So as of today, I've changed the list to automatically reject messages
from email addresses that are not on the list.

Now, this can be changed if one or more people volunteer to become list
administrators, but they would need to manage the list on a weekly
basis.  If you are interested, please contact me privately.