[Orca-users] Regex problem with orcallator.se

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Mon Mar 21 13:43:06 PST 2005

In my orcallator.se file, I've tweaked the part that tracks system
processes (which optionally includes httpd procs).  I wanted to add
ClearCase processes to the list of those tracked.  I wanted one column
to track the total number of vob_server or vobrpc_server procs, but the
regexp doens't seem to be working.  Here's the latest effort:

  if (www_misc_proc_name3 == nil || www_misc_proc_name3 == "") {
    www_misc_proc_name3 = "((vob_server)|(vobrpc_server))";
  }

I'm pretty sure the strings are interpreted as regexps, because of
count_procs use of:

      if (p.pr_fname =~ regexs[i]) {
        ++count_procs_results[i];
      }

Which I assume is a regexp comparison.  But perhaps SE's "regex" doesn't
allow for multiple words in teh same regex.

Is there a better way to do this that I'm missing?

--Dragon