[Orca-users] Pushing for a 1.0 release

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Wed Oct 5 09:19:50 PDT 2005

Cockcroft, Adrian wrote:

>Its the same as C, something like
>
>system("clearlicense >/tmp/cl");
>f = fopen("/tmp/cl","r")
>fgets(f...)
>strtok();
>
>you get the idea.
>
>If there is a logfile to be monitored, then you can look at the http access log monitor code for ideas.

Oh, okay.  Fascinating.  I didn't realize just how much C-stuff could be
done in SE files.  Pardon my ignorance, but - does it actually interpret
this code, or does it compile it behind-the-scenes when SE is invoked?

Sadly, for ClearCase, there is no license log file.  I've concocted a
rudimentary lathe^[^? bourne script to monitor the clearlicense output
every X seconds, and spit out a FlexLM-format license log, for feeding
into an analysis script I wrote for easy input into Excel, yadda yadda.
As you can tell, the process is tedious and annoying--it would be
fantastic for Orca to track this instead (or even in addition).

I'll tinker, and compare to Kai's approach (followup email), which is to
just throw the data to a separate file using a perl script (or
aforementioned bourne script), and add stuffs to orcallator.cfg.

Thanks!
--Dragon