[Orca-dev] RE: [Orca-users] Pushing for a 1.0 release

Buhler Justin justin.buhler at torino2006.it
Thu Oct 6 04:46:41 PDT 2005

Blair,

I think that a missing component of the orca toolkit is ability to search the data and graph selectable time ranges. It would be nice to include a script as examples.

I have attached the one that we are using here at the Olympics, which has worked well for us. It is basically a modified version of Mark Stoltzfus script posted in May http://www.orcaware.com/pipermail/orca-users/2005-May/004355.html.

Also

It would be nice to be able to modify some of the constants (Constants.pm) in the configuration file to change the resolutions pre generation.

And

Lastly I would include more configuration file examples. As an example, some of disks need to be modified to see the disks individually (local vs. SAN). I would also include the workload configuration examples in docs and cfg files.

Let me know how I can help.

Justin