[Orca-users] Can't get orca to compile on gcc on Solaris 8

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Fri Apr 7 12:14:24 PDT 2006

Bruce Shaw wrote:
> It breaks around where it appears to be dealing with DProf.c.
>
> sh: cc: not found
>
> I've set CC to /usr/local/bin/gcc but it's not helping.
>
> I'm using orca-snapshot-r352

Some of the products in that build insisted on using "cc", despite $CC.
You have two options:

    * manually tweak the Makefiles  (I have a script that does this that
      I used back then - I can provide it to you directly, if you like)
    * download the latest snapshot (r528).  This is the preferred
      option, as you'll probably run into other problems that will be
      answered by "try the latest build" ;)  I have it on good authority
      that the typical build process for r528 works better on Solaris 8
      -- I just built it yesterday, and though I did hit a -KPIC/gcc
      problem building RRD (fixed by the aforementioned script), the
      rest of it was fine.

--Dragon nemo omnibus horis sapit