[Orca-users] consensus on gcc version to build orca r528 snapshot

JV jv711 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 14 11:06:46 PDT 2006

What is the general consensus of the version of gcc used on SOLARIS 9
or 10 to build orca? I cannot seem to get a successful build of orca
snapshot r528 or release 0.27

Last time I built orca I had to trick it with a combo of Sun Forte and
gcc compilers. I'm thinking I have to downrev gcc, ver 3.4.x is too
picky, and I am about to send hate-mail to Tobi O. because rrdtool and
his %^#& shared perl-module is ALWAYS the problem.

JV711

Build attempts inthe lat 7 days:

1. Solaris 10 x86 3/05 GA with rec patch cluster from April 2006 on
AMD AthlonXP 3200 Barton core (32 bit cpu) on home built PC (faster
than a greased pig!)
Sun -preinstalled gcc 3.4.0
make
Dragons fix-orca-Makefile.sh widget to remove -KPIC and -X03 flags
status: %$&# failed

2. Solaris 9 SPARC 9 4/04
Sun SPARC IIIi cpu on Sun v240 (64 bit cpu)
Sunfreeware installed pkgadd of gcc 3.4.0
make
Dragons fix-orca-Makefile.sh widget to remove -KPIC and -X03 flags
status: %$&# failed

3. Solaris 10 SPARC 3/05 with rec patch cluster from April 2006 on
Sun SPARC IIe cpu on Sun Blade 150 (64 bit cpu)
Sun -preinstalled gcc 3.4.3
gmake 3.80, and make