[Orca-users] Can I lower the frequency that Orca sends its files?

Tonij T. tonij67 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 8 11:30:20 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I have a few off site clients that have less than optimal WAN connections.
I have noticed a trend since I started monitoring them with Orca in a
steadilly increasing amount of traffic being sent from the client to the
main Orca box.  It almost looks to me like Orca is not just sending the
updated RRD files but ALL the files since the beggining, so each time it
sends the updates it also sends everything else, even tho those files
already exist on the main Orca box.

Is this the case? Does Orca by default send all of the 'orcallator-date*'
files each time or only the new ones?

If it IS sending all of the files each time, is there a way to pare that
down so the network traffic is not so noticable?

TIA,