[Orca-users] Can I lower the frequency that Orca sends its files?

Tonij T. tonij67 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 9 07:52:05 PDT 2006

Ah, you are correct.  Orca has been on Autopilot for so long that I made
some silly assumptions :D

Anyway, part of the setup process was to set up a cron job to send the files
periodically (every 5 minutes).  I have been using ssh for this since day
one, per the instructions on the Bigadmin article:

0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * /usr/local/bin/scp -r \
  /usr/local/var/orca/orcallator/ orcaserver:/usr/local/var/orca/

I have since discovered rsync over ssh, which makes much more sense as it
only sends new files and not every file, every time.

So far so good...BUT (always a but...) one of the boxes is giving me grief;
rsync keeps complaining about not being able to find "libpopt.so.0".  I can
run rsync locally on this box and it works fine, since I do have the Popt
libraries and the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is getting set.  But when I try to run it
remotly it still complains about not finding that library...so I am sort of
back to square one.  :(

Anyone using rsync for this, and if so, have you encountered this anomoly?

TIA,