[Orca-users] Can I lower the frequency that Orca sends its files?

Kai 'wusel' Siering wusel+yahoo at uu.org
Wed Aug 9 08:09:41 PDT 2006

Tonij T. wrote:

 > I have since discovered rsync over ssh, which makes much more sense as it
 > only sends new files and not every file, every time.
 >
> So far so good...BUT (always a but...) one of the boxes is giving me grief;
> rsync keeps complaining about not being able to find "libpopt.so.0".  I can
> run rsync locally on this box and it works fine, since I do have the Popt
> libraries and the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is getting set.  But when I try to run it
> remotly it still complains about not finding that library...so I am sort of
> back to square one.  :(
>
> Anyone using rsync for this, and if so, have you encountered this anomoly?

rsync yes, anomaly no. But on some machines I rsync (over ssh) from, rsync
is not in the PATH -- I solved this in using the 'environment="NAME=value"'-
option in .ssh/authorizied_keys, maybe that's an solution for you as well?

Furthermore, I suggest to limit rsync to check only the latest N days' worth
of files, this reduced turn around times a lot over here (storing orcallator
data on some machines since 2001 ...).

Regards,
			kai