[Orca-users] Orca server processing not completing

Brown, Bob (HQP) Rob.V.Brown at rhi.com
Fri Aug 18 08:01:19 PDT 2006

Hi,

I'm running Orca for about 150 servers.  I'm using a E450 (4 CPU @ 400
MHz) to run Orca.  I'm running the orca perl script in a run once mode
twice daily.  The orca perl script is taking much longer than it used to
run - used to run to completion in a couple of hours and now its running
for several days and not completing all the processing.  The backlog of
server data is awful - many of the server graphs have not been refreshed
in a month.  I'm at a loss as to why it is running so long and how to
correct it.  Anyone else experience this kind of problem and have an
idea on what needs to be examined?

Thanks,

Bob

Bob Brown | Senior Unix Engineer | Systems Engineering Services | Robert
Half International, Inc. | Pleasanton, CA | Office: 925-598-7796 |
Mobile: 925-382-8753 | Fax: (925) 598-7947 | http://www.rhi.com