[Orca-users] Vertical marker in plots

Tankersley, Jon jon.tankersley at eds.com
Fri Aug 18 11:10:23 PDT 2006

I'd sent some 'hooks' for vrule into Orca directly to Blair.  The problem is the integration with the data streams.  Horizontal Rule was easy, and Blair adopted that.  VRules...are different.  They have to have EPOCH time stamps, etc.

I've put some thought into it...
I don't know if we could figure out a way to have an RRD of just data for vrule lines and then have Orca generate a vrule for every data point in the rrdtool plot interval.  The problem comes in with dealing with annotation of the vrules.  I don't think RRD's can have 'non-numeric' entities associated with EPOCH time.
The other way would be to have some sort of 'include' file for the Orca run, but that didn't work all that well when I tried it.  I got inconsistent results.