[Orca-users] Re: Nightly "did exist and is now gone

Børge Kjeldstad borge.kjeldstad at whiteflower.no
Wed May 3 02:51:46 PDT 2006

--- In orca-users at yahoogroups.com, Blair Zajac <blair at ...> wrote:

 > Douglas Valkenaar wrote:

 > > > here. Restart

you let

 > > > me

 > > >Yes, just add a cron entry to run Orca every hour or so and make
sure you

 > > >use the -o command line option so that Orca quits when it's done. You

 > > >don't want to spawn an infinite number of Orca's over time.

 > > I presume that's *instead* of running the perpetual 'orca'. If
that's the

 > > case, isn't this less efficient? I presume so and that this is
simply a

 > > short-term work-around until one of us can fix the root problem.

 > That's right. It is less efficient and a work around. The other solution

 > is to comment out the email setting in Orca's configuration file.

 > Best,

 > Blair

Was this problem ever fixed? I am getting 3 of these messages every
night now at about midnight. This started to happen after I had the
server restarted. The server then ran a few hours before I started Orca.
I am running orca-snapshot-r526 with Procallator on Fedora Core 4.

I found this problem mentioned in the FAQ number 2.4 on the Orca
webpages, but no solution to the problem is mentioned there.

Thank you. Børge
(PS. I first posted this message on the old list at Yahoo. Do not know
if it was automatically forwarde here)