[Orca-users] Re: Orca gone amuck

kim.taylor at pnc.com kim.taylor at pnc.com
Mon May 15 12:44:08 PDT 2006

I've encountered the same thing, but with *.gz, thus Orca continuously
running gunzip -c on even the oldest datalogs.

I was forced to discontinue the run as daemon mode and revert to run once
from cron. Even then, I had to modify find_files in *.cfg to ignore the
compressed version of the datalog files.

Running ORCA_VERSION =  '0.263' on Solaris 2.8, but running a newer Orca
snapshot (subversion 526, 0.28.0) on Red Hat EL3 and the same behavior
appeared there.

I use rsync to pull data in from the (52+29) clients. All system clocks are
maintained with NTP.

The Solaris installation seemed to run fine in daemon mode for a long time.
I was unable to figure out what changed such that the orca.state file
appeared to have become useless/disregarded.

Any thoughts on where to dig in would be appreciated.

Kim Eric Taylor
Systems Integrator / PNC Financial Services / eTechnology Group
kim.taylor at pnc.com
412-762-6879

>Subject: Orca-users Digest, Vol 41, Issue 10

Message: 1