[Orca-users] Orca gone amuck

Dalin Bruns Dalin.Bruns at utsa.edu
Mon May 15 07:54:08 PDT 2006

I just started admin on a Solaris 9, v880 running a web app and orca
consistently has the top CPU utilization on the box.  In trying to
figure out what is going on, I have noticed the following things ...

Each day there are approx 280 orcallator-date-286.bz2 files created
(whereas on other machines there are 1-2)
There are currently over 169,000 of these files!?
The state file is 120 MB (other machines, only 100K)

It appears to me (using truss) that orca is always cycling through all
of the *.bz2 files looking for something.

Not sure what it is doing, but this situation doesn't seem right.  Any
thoughts/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dalin Bruns