[Orca-users] Fwd: NRPE problem

theo at amimo.net theo at amimo.net
Wed Apr 25 14:40:30 PDT 2007

The following is the output I get from nrpe with debug turned on:

Apr 25 16:52:07 prodora nrpe[6174]: [ID 681486 daemon.debug] Added command[check_oraeb]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk -w 15 -c 10 -p /oraeb

The following is the output found on the nagios server after its config is reloaded:

[1177473600] CURRENT SERVICE STATE: prodora;/oraeb;CRITICAL;HARD;4;NRPE: Command 'check_oraeb' not defined

The command has been defined correctly on the remote host, but still fails on the nagios server.

If I run the nrpe command manually:

bash-3.00# ./check_nrpe -H prodora -c check_oraeb
DISK OK - free space: /oraeb 42764 MB (34% inode=85%);| /oraeb=80115MB;122865;122870;0;122880

It runs successfully. The whole thing does not make sense. All the configuring is correct but it will still not run automatically when nagios is running and gives me the error NRPE: Command "check_oraeb" not defined.

Other disk checks are running fine and being reported, ON THE SAME HOSTS.

Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone else? The nagios server is on Solaris 10 and the remote host on Solaris 9, if that makes a difference.

Thanks.