[Orca-users] Attempting to install Orca for the first time

Ross, Brian Brian.Ross at dec.wa.gov.au
Wed Mar 12 22:36:13 PDT 2008

I'm attempting to install Orca client for the first time on a server
running solaris 9.  However, I have encountered a few problems
attempting to run the make.  I keep getting the following errors:

/var/opt/orca-0.27/packages/rrdtool-1.0.40# ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local/orca
--with-html-dir=/var/server_name/www/orca.[domain_name]/docs/orca
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.9
checking target system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.9
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.9
checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/local/bin/install -c
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for shared library extension... so
checking for the C compiler perl wants to use to build its modules... no
Could not find the Compiler: "cc"
which has been used to build perl. You may have to compile
your own copy of perl to make this work. Binary perls often
exhibit this problem

Aclocal is installed in /usr/local/share.  As is automake.  I am unsure
if/how to install autoheader.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Brian Ross

This email, together with any attachments, is intended for the
addressee only. It may contain confidential or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please notify
the sender, delete the email and attachments from your system and
destroy any copies you may have taken of the email and its attachments.
Duplication or further distribution by hardcopy, by electronic means
or verbally is not permitted without permission.