[Orca-users] Attempting to install Orca for the first time

Antenore Gatta antenore at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 01:01:41 PDT 2008

Hello,

I guess you are using Perl from the installation of Solaris 9 that is
compiled using cc and not gcc, and you are trying to compile orca with gcc.

You have two solutions, you can install cc or install Perl (i.e. from
sunfreewere.com) compiled with gcc and add the Perl binary path to your PATH
environment variable (i.e. /usr/local/bin)

Usually I set my PATH as PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:$PATH

You will probably need additional packages like libtools, libgcc, and so
on...

Good luck!
Antenore