[Orca-users] Orca and AIX

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Mon Sep 8 16:01:09 PDT 2008

We do have an AIX-allator, thanks to Rajesh and some mods from myself
and others.  However, it doesn't do anything at the frame level.

I think what you describe might be doable with the existing setup.  I
think you can just modify your orcallator.cfg file on your orca server.
You'd probably need a special group, so that it would put data from
multiple hosts into one graph.  Specify a line_type of "stack".

For example, instead of:
find_files
/orca/path/var/orca/orcallator/*(.*)*/(?:(?:orcallator)|(?:percol))-\d{.......
                                              ^^^^
try:
find_files
/orca/path/var/orca/orcallator/*.**/(?:(?:orcallator)|(?:percol))-\d{.......
                                              ^^

I'm really not sure how well that would work, though.  If it doesn't
work, you may have to run a separate script to consolidate the CPU usage
columns into a separate data file, with a copy of the column for each
host.  Then you can graph those columns stacked.

Alternatively, modify the aixallator to tag the CPU data column with the
hostname.  Then set your data field in the corresponding plot {} to call
it as such.   e.g.:

plot {
title      Frame CPU usage
data     ((?:[^_]*))_cpu
line_type    area
line_type    stack
legend    $1
y_legend    Cumulative CPU
data_min    0
data_max    100 * 64
plot_min    0
plot_max    100 * 64
}

Blair or someone else on the list might know of a slicker way to do this
with the orcallator.cfg than I've described.  These ideas are just my
best guesses without having the chance to test it out.

Cheers,
--Dragon