[Orca-users] Changing the x-axis

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Wed Mar 25 10:42:05 PDT 2009

I assume when you say "x-axis is in <something>", you're talking about
the gridlines.  Technically speaking, the x-axis of all graphs is just a
compressed version of the x-axis of the raw data (usually 5 minute
intervals).  Here's a breakdown of gridline spacing for each of the graphs:

    * Hourly = 5 minutes
    * Daily = 1 hour
    * Weekly = 4 hours
    * Monthly = 1 day
    * Quarterly = 1 week
    * Yearly = 1 month

If you want the monthly graph to have gridline spacing of 1 week instead
of 1 day, you'd have to figure out a way to pass RRD a -x or --x-grid
option <http://rrdtool.mirroraty.org/doc/rrdgraph.en.html#IX_Axis>,
which is fairly complex.   Right now, I don't see an easy way to do this
-- Orca lets RRD determine the grid spacing automatically, so there is
no code in place to customize this behavior.  If such a feature were to
be developed, the place to code it would be in the
perl/Orca/ImageFile.pm file, and the place to configure it would be in
orcallator.cfg.

--Dragon