[Orca-users] Kernel Contention and TCP/IP Stack metrics

Boyda, Thomas (7 Delta) Thomas.Boyda at va.gov
Tue May 19 07:48:38 PDT 2009

Hello,

Can someone point me to the documentation what values are used to measure kernel contention and TCP/IP stack information plotted on the "System Overview" page?

*ALL* of my system including systems where I have nothing but system processes running are all showing Kernel Contention with a value of 1. All of these systems are either Solaris 9 or Solaris 10 using the latest orcallator script (r535) with RICHPse-3.5.0 package.

As for the TCP/IP stack values they are showing 1 or above on most of those systems, some of those systems are not active, except for my ssh sessions and scp of orca data to the collection host.

Thank you,

Tom.
----
Thomas Boyda