[Orca-users] "segmentation fault"

David Michaels dragon at raytheon.com
Tue May 19 10:15:37 PDT 2009

> I know where I can get the SE Toolkit 3.5.0 however, where can I
> download the Orcallator r535 from?  I also find navigating the pages at
> http://www.orcaware.com very confusing.

Click 'Orca' on the menubar on the left.  Then scroll down to the
'Download' section and click 'Orca tarball'.  You should find yourself here:

http://www.orcaware.com/orca/pub/snapshots/

> There appears also to be no clear instructions available (a complaint I
> have made in the past) on how to install Orca.   I have only the
> all on Solaris 8 and 9, rather than 10 and he left no documentation
> behind him either.

Have you looked at the 'INSTALL' file that comes with the Orca tarball?
It has a fair amount of detail.  There's also a "quick and dirty" guide
that I found from the 'Documentation' link on the Orca web page:
http://www.mindspring.com/~pkdb/ORCA.html

If there's something in the INSTALL file that confuses you, ask about it
here.  If there's something missing or wrong that you discover, let us
know and we'll correct/update it.

--Dragon