[Orca-users] Orca graph's y-axis for counter values

Joshua Miller joshuamiller01 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 13:29:57 PDT 2011

I use procallator to gather network interface statistics.  The 'Interface
Input Packets Per Second' graph (among others) shows packets per second, but
procallator seems to collect the packet counters once every five minutes and
report the difference (a counter).  If I understand this correctly the data
that's being collected is along the lines of "Packets per five minutes",
rather than per second.
The data I see on the orca graphs seems to fit with what I'm observing.  Am
I missing something?  And if not, is there a reason for having the graph y
axis report Packets/s rather than Packets/5min?

Thanks,
Josh