[Orca-users] orca & ZFS

Dagobert Michelsen dam at baltic-online.de
Sun Feb 20 01:01:37 PST 2011

Hi Jon,

Am 20.02.2011 um 02:57 schrieb Jonathan Burelbach:
> I'm seeing some discrepancy between the disk I/Os reported by orca and
> those reported by iostat.

I would expect some minor discrepancies between the tools due to the
measurement details. Are you seeing larger deviations?

> Are there any updates to orca or SEtoolkit
> that I should be running for Solaris 10?  If so, where can I find them?

3.5.0 should be fine. I have prepared a yet-unreleased 3.5.1 which adds
support for some network stuff (from ChangeLog):

Bug fixes:
Access mib$tcp instead of the deprecated kvm$tcp_mib (Bug #2116736)

New kstat structures:
Support for igb network interfaces (from x4170) has been added (Patch #2812730)
Support for nxge network interfaces (from T5240) has been added (Feature Request #1989844)
Support for NFSv4 as been added (Patch #2957291)

Other:
Package location has moved from Blastwave to OpenCSW

If you want you can try what I have at
http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/experimental.html#setoolkit

> Current environment:
> Solaris 10 10/09
> SE Toolkit 3.5.0 from RICHPse package
> orca 0.27
> orcallator.se 1.37

I recommend always the latest snapshot from orcallator as 0.27 is really old
and there hasn't been an update to "stabel" for a very long time:
http://www.orcaware.com/orca/pub/snapshots/

Best regards

-- Dago