[Svnmerge] Deleted Branches Still Showing up as Available Values for Head

Thomas F. O'Connell tf at o.ptimized.com
Tue Dec 26 23:21:04 PST 2006

On Dec 26, 2006, at 7:21 PM, Giovanni Bajo wrote:

> Thomas F. O'Connell wrote:
>
>> I got overzealous and created a branch I didn't need. I used svn
>> delete to remove the branch. But when I'm in a working copy of
>> trunk and run svnmerge.py avail with no arguments, I still see the
>> deleted branch listed among the available values for head. What's
>> the svnmerge.py-approved way to prune branches to prevent
>> svnmerge.py from thinking they're still alive?
>
> Just run "svnmerge.py uninit" after you remove the branch.

With what OPTION and/or PATH? If I am in trunk and try:

svnmerge.py uninit <path-to-deleted-branch>

or

svnmerge.py uninit <url-to-deleted-branch>

I get the following error:

svnmerge: "<path-to-deleted-branch>" is not a subversion working
directory

I don't want to mess up my merge tracking information from other
branches, so I want to be careful.

Do I need something more like

svnmerge.py uninit -S <path-to-deleted-branch>

with no PATH specified if I'm already in trunk?

--
Thomas F. O'Connell

optimizing modern web applications
: for search engines, for usability, and for performance :

http://o.ptimized.com/
615-260-0005