[Svnmerge] Initialization Best Practices for Bidirectional Merging

Thomas F. O'Connell tf at o.ptimized.com
Tue Dec 26 23:50:53 PST 2006

For a feature/development branch in which I expect to be doing
bidirectional merging, what is the best way to initialize the branch?

At the documentation wiki, this is the recommended method:

http://www.orcaware.com/svn/wiki/Svnmerge.py#Development_branches

But when I go the top-level directory of a pristine working copy of
the branch and run this:

svnmerge.py init

I get the following error:

svnmerge: /vhost/trunk has already been initialized at .
Use --force to re-initialize

Merge tracking for this project was begun using svnmerge.sh, and I'm
not entirely sure how the existing trunk and branches were
initialized since I came to the project after they were already created.

Am I missing something?

--
Thomas F. O'Connell

optimizing modern web applications
: for search engines, for usability, and for performance :

http://o.ptimized.com/
615-260-0005