[Svnmerge] Merging blocked revisions between branches

David James djames at collab.net
Tue Mar 21 15:27:34 PST 2006

On 3/21/06, Justin Erenkrantz <justin at erenkrantz.com> wrote:
> On 3/21/06, David James <djames at collab.net> wrote:
> > Currently, svnmerge.py is not consistent about whether blocked
> > revisions are merged between branches. Currently, blocked revisions
> What's a 'blocked revision'?  -- justin

svnmerge.py allows you to say "I don't want to merge r10 from branch A
to branch B", either because it has already been merged manually, or
because you have decided that it doesn't belong on branch B. Such
revisions, which are 'blocked from merging', are referred to as
blocked changes.

My question: If you mark r10 as 'blocked', so that it won't get merged
from branch A to branch B, and then you merge changes from branch B to
branch C, should r10 also be marked as 'blocked' on branch C?

Cheers,

David
--
David James -- http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~james