[Svnmerge] svnmerge init with Bidirectional Merging Yields svnmergeavail Error

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Fri Sep 29 00:34:26 PDT 2006

Thomas F. O'Connell wrote:

>> I wanted to create a bidirectional branch3, so I did the following
>> (using revision 15639 of the Bourne svnmerge):

svnmerge.sh is obsolete and unmaintained at this point. Please use svnmerge.py.

>> svn copy trunk branches/branch3
>> svn ci
>> # commit message
>> cd trunk
>> svnmerge init ../branches/branch3
>> svn ci
>> # commit message
>> cd ../branches/branch3
>> svnmerge init ../../trunk
>> svn ci
>> # commit message
>>
>> Once I had this set up, I ran svnmerge avail -l in branches/branch3,
>> and I got this error:
>>
>> svnmerge: explicit "src" argument required

Let us know if you have this problem with svnmerge.py as well. If you do, post
also the output of this command, run from within branch3:

svn propget svnmerge-integrated .

>> Am I missing something in my initialization commands? Since I
>> specified a src in both, I figured I was fine. I basically followed
>> the standard examples.

Specifying "src" has a specific semantic. Read carefually the output of
"svnmerge.py help init", since ir might or might not be what you want.

>> On a related note, if I were to remove branch3 altogether, would I
>> need to do something to trunk to get it to recognize that branch3 was
>> gone? Say, if I wanted to create a new branch3 at some point in the
>> future?

svnmerge.py uninit

Giovanni Bajo