[Svnmerge] Problems with manual changes during merge

golan davidovits golandav at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 12 01:39:34 PST 2007

Hello,

First i would like to ask what is the best link to take the most updated svnmerge version?

My question is, i'm trying to find a way to do merge from trunk to branch and back while avoiding fault conflicts.
The scenario is: Changing a line in a file on Trunk --> Merge it to a branch --> add manual change in branch and commit.
Then trying to merge the new revision back to trunk.

My expectation is to get trivial a merge (without conflict)

1. While trying to run "svnmerge merge --bidirectional -S b_name" - I got no avail revisions for merge at all.

Another scenario is creating a conflict in both trunk and branch, then resolving it in the branch, but adding a manual change
before commit. The merge back to trunk creates conflict again while using Tortoise.
I don't know what is the parralel command in svnmerge, but i realy want to know if there is also a soultion for this.

Thanks,
In advance
gzd