[Svnmerge] problem using svnmerge

Raman Gupta rocketraman at fastmail.fm
Wed Feb 28 07:32:11 PST 2007

golan davidovits wrote:
> The reproduction is simple. Just change same line of a file both on
> Trunk and Branch run svnmerge.py merge (Trunk2Branch) and resolve
> the conflict by selecting "mine" via editor (such Tortoise). When
> you merge back to Trunk you will still get the conflict. For
> example:
>
> Trunk -> "Trunk line"  Branch -> "Branch line" I resolved the
> conflict by selecting "Branch line" Then merged back to Trunk and
> still got the same conflict Trunk -> "Trunk line"  Branch ->
> "Branch line"

Hmmm, when you use the bidirectional flag, the revision in which you
resolved the conflict is ignored (which note that, despite this
situation, normally prevents conflicts). Therefore, it seems that the
conflict will have to be resolved manually for both merges.

I'm not sure that, with the current design of svnmerge, this can
really be fixed. I wonder if the merge support in svn 1.5 will handle
this better?

Cheers,
Raman