[Svnmerge] Initializing New Branches - Already Initialized?

Thomas F. O'Connell tf at o.ptimized.com
Mon Jan 8 13:19:22 PST 2007

On Jan 4, 2007, at 3:04 PM, Daniel Rall wrote:

> On Thu, 04 Jan 2007, Thomas F. O'Connell wrote:
>
>> Whenever I create a new branch, e.g.,
>>
>> cd working-copy-top-dir
>> svn copy trunk branches/new-branch-n
>>
>> And then try to initialize the branch, e.g.,
>>
>> cd branches/new-branch-n
>> svnmerge.py init
>>
>> I get the following error:
>>
>> svnmerge: /vhost/trunk has already been initialized at .
>> Use --force to re-initialize
>>
>> Am I missing something? Why would brand new branches already be
>> initialized?
>
> Does trunk already have the svnmerge-integrated property set on it
> before you create the branch (via 'svn cp')?

Apparently. In trunk:

svn proplist .
Properties on '.':
   svnmerge-blocked
   svnmerge-integrated
   svk:merge

Is this ill-advised? What should I do to correct it?

--
Thomas F. O'Connell

optimizing modern web applications
: for search engines, for usability, and for performance :

http://o.ptimized.com/
615-260-0005