[Svnmerge] Bugs when merging revisions that modify and deletefiles

Jack Repenning jrepenning at collab.net
Wed Jan 10 10:09:51 PST 2007

On Jan 10, 2007, at 8:05 AM, Giovanni Bajo wrote:

> +1. This saved my day as well. If you write up a decent commit message
> for this, I'm happy to commit it.

I'm not so comfortable with making it unconditional.  Some of that's
just because I've seen so many people new to the process want to
proceed with caution: maybe after a time or two they learn to trust
the tool, but they want the right to "go softly into that good
night" ;-)

Why not add a "--force" flag to the svnmerge.py command line options,
and propagate it down to conditionalized code like this?

-==-
Jack Repenning
Director, Software Product Architecture
CollabNet, Inc.