[Svnmerge] Fwd: Problem running on windows

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Wed Jan 17 07:31:07 PST 2007

On 1/17/2007 4:21 PM, Martin Ritchie wrote:

> I installed the Windows python and it errored in the same way.
>
> SystemRoot was set to C:\Windows I thought would be fine.. and works
> for other items. Python is obviouslty case-sensitive.
>
> Setting it to C:\WINDOWS made everything work.

That's really weird! Are you sure you hadn't a typo in system root before?

I tried on my system changing "C:\WINNT" to "C:\wInNt" but svnmerge
still works.

In fact, if you look at the source code of _PyPopenCreateProcess() in
Modules/posixmodule.c in the Python source code, you will see that it
uses the environment variable "COMSPEC" to get the full path to the
prompt. What does your "COMSPEC" evaluate to? Mine is
"ComSpec=C:\WINNT\system32\CMD.EXE", without any mention to %SystemRoot%.

I was wondering where %SystemRoot% was coming from...
--
Giovanni Bajo