[Svnmerge] Pending patch to handle svnmerge-integrated prpperty conflicts

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Thu Jul 5 04:40:39 PDT 2007

On 7/5/2007 1:51 AM, Raman Gupta wrote:

> Ok, I see from recent emails it seems we have new maintainers for
> svnmerge.py... any chance you could review the following pending patch:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3c229c
>
> There was lots of discussion about it, but IMHO never any good reasons
> to not commit it. See this email (which never got a response):
>
> http://tinyurl.com/39h6x5

I think you raise fairly good points in your latest mail. I've never
used transitive merge infos, and svnmerge isn't even supposed to support
such merges. Also, I notice that this is the behaviour with -b, which is
even supposed to be the default, was not for performance issues.

It's also counter-intuitive that the quote to handle merge-prop
conflicts is guarded by -b. I don't see a direct connection: it's just
that, with bidirectional merge, it's more common to see conflicts.

On the ground of this, I'll approve your patch (as amended by Daniel
Rall with the testcase).

People interested in true graph merge support are encourage to provide a
more complete meta-merge implementation (manual merge of prop-merge
conflicts).
--
Giovanni Bajo