[Svnmerge] Pending patch to handle svnmerge-integrated propertyconflicts

Piet-Hein Peeters piet-hein.peeters at philips.com
Thu Jul 5 00:38:17 PDT 2007

Raman,

Dustin provided the testcase on April 24, if I'm not mistaken.
See the forwarded e-mail.

Regards,
Piet-Hein Peeters
Software Configuration Manager
HI / PII
Philips Medical Systems
The Netherlands

----- Forwarded by Piet-Hein Peeters/BST/MS/PHILIPS on 07/05/2007 09:07 AM
-----

                                       Raman Gupta
                                       <rocketraman at fastmail.fm>
     dustin at zmanda.com                                                  cc
                                       Daniel Rall <dlr at collab.net>
     04/24/2007 12:29 AM               svnmerge at orcaware.com
                                       Piet-Hein
                                       Peeters/BST/MS/PHILIPS at PHILIPS
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Svnmerge] Conflict on
                                       svnmerge-blocked property
                                                            Classification

> Piet-Hein Peeters wrote:
> > I do not have the knowlegde to do so, but I can describe the
> > testcase more precisly for you. In a repository I have a trunk,
> > branch A and branch B Merge strategy is as follows: Merge
> > changesets from Branch B to A and from branch A to trunk
> >
> > revision x of branch B is blocked by setting "svnmerge.py block
> > -rx" on branch A revision y of branch A is blocked by setting
> > "svnmerge.py block -ry" on trunk
> >
> > When a merge is done from branch A to trunk, I get the following
> > merge conflict: Trying to add new property 'svnmerge-blocked' with
> > value '/branches/branchB:x', but property already exists with value
> > '/branches/branchA:y'.

I had to interpret "a merge" in the final paragraph as meaning "merge
all available revisions", specifically the revision where revision x was
blocked on branch A.  A patch to the subversion test cases is attached
(although the name of the test case is probably not appropriate).  The
test case is configured such that Raman's patch should pass it, but I've
not tested that.

Either way, it's worth having the test in there.

Dustin

--
        Dustin J. Mitchell
        Storage Software Engineer, Zmanda, Inc.

                                       Piet-Hein
                                       Peeters/BST/MS/PHILIPS at PHILIPS
     Raman Gupta                                                        cc
     <rocketraman at fastmai              Svnmerge <svnmerge at orcaware.com>
     l.fm>                                                         Subject
                                       Re: [Svnmerge] Pending patch to
     07/05/2007 08:29 AM               handle svnmerge-integrated
                                       propertyconflicts
                                                            Classification

Piet-Hein Peeters wrote:
> Hello Raman,
>
> How about simular conflicts on the svnmerge-blocked property?
> Is that also fixed already? I raised that issue March 29 already, but
> I'm still waiting for the solution.

To tell you the truth I was under the impression that any patches
submitted wouldn't be committed anyway... since that may change in the
near future I might take another look as soon as I have a spare few
minutes.

A test case for your problem (as was previously discussed in another
thread) would certainly make it easier...

Cheers,
Raman Gupta