[Svnmerge] svnmerge not merging files that were added to trunk

Roberto Mello roberto.mello at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 09:21:16 PST 2007

Hi all,

I've been using svnmerge for a while now with no problems. Thanks for
the fantastic tool. I've been using the version from trunk os of a
month or so ago (not sure as there's no indication of revision in the
source?). Things were going well.

However, yesterday I performed a merge as usual, with --bidirectional.
I didn't notice it, but it merged revisions that it had already merged
previously, and, most troubling, files that were added to the trunk
were not added to the branch (my release branch). svnmerge, in its
commit message, says the revisions where the files were added _were_
merged, but the files never appeared in the branch.

So my questions are:

1) Has anyone seen this before?

2) Is this a known bug in a version of the svnmerge trunk? Should I
use the stable version instead?

3) Suggestions for how to fix it? If I manually merge the files so
they appear in the branch, what should I do with svnmerge so it keeps
track of those files from then on?

I'm getting an update log of the revisions in trunk and looking for
files that were added since the last time I merged to my release
branch, then I'm going to check  which of those files made it into the
branch (if any), and merge them manually into the release branch,
unless someone suggests a better way.

Thanks in advance,

-Roberto