[Svnmerge] Your confirmation is required to join the Svnmerge mailing list

Antonio Maenza amaenza at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 10:28:43 PST 2007

I am new to svn merge, and used it successfully for one release iteration of
the product I work on. I am using the windows exe version.

We have a structure set up as:

svn\project\trunk
svn\project\branches
svn\project\tags

Previously, I had svnmerge initialized on the trunk and on the
branches\release branch and was able to view the revision differences
between both branches, and merge changes from the release branch and the
trunk back and forth between the two as needed.

We have since released the release branch code, and I tagged it and deleted
it so that I could create a new release branch for our next release. Prior
to deletion, I uninitialized both the trunk and the release branch. I have
now re-initialized the trunk and the new branch, but am unsure of how to
have multiple branches monitoring each other, or if it is possible.

I now have the following 3 sources i want to work with:
svn\project\trunk
svn\project\branches\Release
svn\project\branches\11-12-07_Release

I need the ability to do the following  (arrows indicating merge directions)
trunk <-->Release
trunk <-->11-12-07_Release
Release <-->11-12-07_Release

Release is the slated next release while the 11-12-07_Release is a release
we have already done and is a branch cut from a tag. There are a few release
bugs that need attention and a re-release done, and fixes need to be both
merged into the trunk and the release branch.

Technically, a structure like:
trunk <-->Release
Release <-->11-12-07_Release

would also work, as I can just merge backwards to the trunk from each
branch, however I am still unsure how to make that structure work properly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Tony