[Svnmerge] svnmerge.py breaks in cron

Dustin J. Mitchell dustin at zmanda.com
Wed Oct 24 19:35:26 PDT 2007

On 10/24/07, nick aschberger <nick.aschberger at gmail.com> wrote:
> If it is stdout that you are examining through stty, then shouldn't the
> command be:

OK, folks, I'm hereby threatening to invoke the bikeshed rule on this one.

Re: the stdin/stdout stuff .. an strace on my linux box shows:

ioctl(0, SNDCTL_TMR_TIMEBASE or TCGETS, {B38400 opost isig icanon echo ...}) = 0
ioctl(1, TIOCGWINSZ, {ws_row=68, ws_col=211, ws_xpixel=0, ws_ypixel=0}) = 0

Which makes sense -- window size is an output-related parameter, so it
should be examined on stdout.  We're unlikely to have stdin piped
anywhere, seeing as how svnmerge.py doesn't take terminal input, but
stdout is not unlikely to be redirected for analysis.

Attached is a patch which takes Alan's "perhapses" under advisement.
Any other objections?

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer